- Dr David Russell, Principal Investigator
- Dr Yunwen Huo, Research Assistant
- Mr Roli Hirata, Research Assistant
- University of Washington, Seattle, USA
- Histocompatible Stem Cells for Transplantation
This project will establish a bank of stem cells for regenerative medicine and cell therapy. These cells will be engineered to avoid rejection after transplantation, allowing them to be used clinically with minimal immunosuppression. These stem cells will have only one version of the major histocompatibility genes responsible for matching transplants, instead of the two versions most cells usually have, allowing a single line to match many recipients.